When protecting your home, what comes to mind? Installing a security system, adding burglar bars or purchasing a home insurance policy. All of these ideas can keep you safe especially having a home insurance policy that backs you up. But what about mother nature?
Weather in any city is unpredictable.
Here in Texas, hurricanes are not the only weather hazards that can damage your home. Rain, wind and hail can also be cause of concern to your property. Yes, an insurance policy protects your home, but you must take safety steps to prepare for any weather condition.
Below are a few tips to keep in mind when protecting your home this fall and into winter:
- Clean or replace gutters – clogged gutters can flood the inside of your home and damage the exterior
- Check for drafts – weather stripping windows can be the most cost-effective way to keep heating costs down
- Drain outdoor faucets – drain and disconnect all garden hoses from outside to prevent any water freezing or pipes bursting
- Bring outdoor furniture indoors – protect and extend the life of furniture by storing in the garage or add a furniture cover
- Fix cracks in driveway – during winter water can freeze and expand making the crack bigger, this can cause your driveway to crumble
- Change air filters – clean filters monthly, clogged filters can increase heating bills
- Fertilize your lawn – applying fertilizer will prevent winter damage and turn your lawn green faster in the spring
- Change batteries – check to make sure all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide devices are working
To further assist you with activating a home insurance policy, you can contact our office at 713-926-4233. Or visit our website www.preminsure.com for a complimentary appointment so we can discuss coverage options.